It maybe the holiday season but how late is too late for visitors to be over?

I know the holiday season is upon us but visiting should be still be at reasonable times. This is the 6th time in two weeks my sister's family of five has come over & stayed at my mama's house til 10 or 11pm visiting. With three children all under the age of seven. They come over at 5pm expect to eat dinner here & stay til 10 or 11pm?? I just came home for Christmas from out of state. I love them dearly but I can't get any of my work done because my nieces & nephew are running around screaming. My son is being woke up constantly. My sister is on the computer the whole time & my brother-in-law has the tv up way to loud. My mama isn't even here. She works 2nd shift. So they leave right before she comes home from work. It isn't like they can't afford to feed them kids at home. I just don't understand this. What time do you think "Visting Time" should be over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Holidays

• Is this your home? If not, you probably don't have a say in it, but I would ask then to keep the noise level to a minimum after a certain time of evening. Are they normally over there while your mother isn't home? Does she know they are there? I'm a little confused.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I don't set the rules in homes I am merely visiting.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• It's my mama's house. I've told my mama & she is to sweet to tell them to leave even though it has been annoying her has well. She said that she has told them to stop coming over while she is at work. But they started coming back when I came I guess. My mama knows they do this but she don't like it either. Visiting for a little while is fine but they stay 6 hours. And we see them every day on the weekend as well. They just show up without warning & my mama cancels any plans she has because she doesn't want to be rude. I have a say when it's my mama & my sister can't take a hint. My mama is to sweet to say something but I have no problem telling my sister how it is in a nice way. But with Christmas so close I don't want to start a feud with her cuz she thrives on drama!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Well we dont really have set visiting times for family in our family, however it does sound a bit excessive especially if your Mom isnt happy about it, sounds like your Mama needs to be real with them about how she is feeling.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2012