Is it too early to be showing?

I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant!!! I can already tell my jeans are tight on my belly. This is my second child. I weighed 107 at my last Dr appt in Oct. I weigh 110 today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it is too early to be showing. You are probably bloated right now and retaining water.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• well everyone is different, not sure how someone can say whether or not its too early. My sister is 10 weeks pregnant with her second, and she has been showing since about 7 weeks, which seemed crazy early for us, but she was.
    Anonymous

• Alot of women get constipated and bloated in the first few weeks of pregnancy, also you could be retaining water.
    PolishMamma2

Answer by PolishMamma2 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Anon, at 5 weeks the fetus is the size of a sesame seed. At 7 weeks, the size of a grape. Yes, it's possible that the OP and your sister may have been bloated or may have gained a few lbs, but to actually be showing, it's not possible, your uterus is still deep in your pelvic area that that point.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Actually, how long ago did you have your first child? And did you have the first natural or c-section? I got pregnant with my third son when my first was only 15 months old. I was showing almost right away. My doctor said that wasn't unusual when you have them close together, and also when you have c-sections.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Yes it is to early you are bloated
    tasha4u

Answer by tasha4u at 6:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2012