Oh dear gods....shoot me now?

For anyone who can't read the text:

Overall, I like "Lord of the Rings." However, I do feel that TOlkien kind of rips off "Harry Potter" in many ways. There are several paralleles, such as elves, dwarves, wizards, goblins, trolls, magic (especially invisibility), etc. Sauron is referred to as the "Dark Lord" just like VOldemort is. There is also the elder white-haired bearded wizard who serves almost as a mentor, Gandalf, who is remiciscent of Dumbledore. Some of the character names are similar, such as Wormtongue as opposed to Wormtail, too. There is even a gigantic spider (Shelob) a the end of "The Two Towers" that reminds one of Aragog from "Chamber of Secerets." I even noticed that the plots of both series begin with the the protagonists' birthday. Now Tolkien, this unoriginal stupid idiot, is coming out with "The Hobbit," which is apparantly a prequel to "LOTR." This would be fine, but why didn't he just write this book first to begin with? I still like "Lord of the Rings," though--don't get me wrong--but I wonder if Tolkien has ever said in interviews whether he borrowed elements from "Harry Potter." I'll be watching the extended DVD's later this week and I think he's featured on the commentary track, so I look forward to that.

This thread has since been taken down, after over 100 comments. I think this picture says it all anyway.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 11:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Entertainment

• Tolkien who wrote Lord Of The Rings wrote this WAY before Harry Potter,, Do your homework.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I love that "PolishMomma" just scolded you! SMH.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Teaching to the test has really worked wonders for this country, hasn't it? Smh.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• ^^ LOL ^^
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• wow...thats just...wow. im not a LOTR/Hobbit/Tolkien fan (tho i did enjoy parts of the LOTR's movies), but come on...how dumb can somebody be?! maybe its just my residual nerdom that makes it a necessity to understand the order of fandoms haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Reading comprehension is your friend.

LMAO!!! I just snarfed my drink!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Here is what that person deserves: 

4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Someone should teach the person who wrote that where they can find the original publication date in a book. They might be surprised to learn that the books they read weren't published minutes before they read them.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• At first I thought YOU Original Poster were trying to say that Tolkein Copied Harry Potter and I almost ripped into you, glad I finished reading before I went all crazy! Some people are so ridiculous

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• O.M.G!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2012