How to tell your Boyfriend that you don't want another BABY?

I have an 8 month old son and my boyfriend has been there for the both of us since day 1. I know that he wants another baby, and in fact he has talked to me about it. I really do not want another one. Plus I am not a machine, I do not pop out baby's, it isn't that EASY...

ADVICE PLEASE

vall11

Asked by vall11 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Relationships

• Just tell him?
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• tell him you dont want another baby right now and maybe one day you will change your mind.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Honestly, I wouldn't make a big deal about it right now. Of course you're not a machine. You don't just pop out babies. And you're right, it's not that easy. Those feelings are valid. But raising a baby is hard work, and in some ways, the job does get easier. The thought of having another one right now is completely overwhelming for you. But you may change your mind eventually. The work gets easier in some ways, and the payoffs are definitely better as your child gets older! Your boyfriend is probably feeling that he wants a biological child, and those longings are also valid. Give it time. You two may find yourselves closer together in another year or two.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Just say NO! Your birth control is YOUR responsibility. And if you aren't married to him he has no say in your reproductive rights.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Eight months isn't very long. Even if he has been there for you that is no reason to give him a baby. You haven't been in a dating relationship with him long enough to even consider this.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Just like that. "I don't want another baby".
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• be honest & talk to him!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 11:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Simply tell him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Five words. "I don't want another baby." That's it.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Just say it. I just don't understand why people find it so hard to just tell the truth.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2012