Do you have a spending limit for Christmas?

If so is it a total budget or a per kid limit?

txnmomof4

Asked by txnmomof4 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Holidays

• Yes but it varies year to year.
    We have an idea in our head about how much we are going to spend for the individual and a topend , total amount.
    We also know that a 3 years olds toys will not be as expensive as a 16 year olds and budget accordingly.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Total budget, however, we really only buy for DS. Stuff like teacher's gifts I pick up throughout the year, and DH and I only really give each other one present each from Santa for DS's sake. We save the big stuff for birthdays/anniversary.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Kids get the same amount of $$ spent on them. Whatever we can afford for the year. My son's birthday is Jan 4th, and mine is Christmas Day, so we get slammed this time of year.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• We might have to start having a limit in a few years, but for now, we just get DD what we want, and whats within our budget. No real limit.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Yes and I blew past it mid November.  I'm not kidding.

Mostly because our laptop and desktop computer needed to be replaced so we bought a new desk top and gave my DS a lap top for Christmas.  Even though it's his present it really becomes everyone's.  It's hard because my kids do so much of their homework on computers now we feel like we need multiple computers.  They can spend hours after school doing homework on the computers.   

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• per person limit, but i always go over my limit every year
    mamabear484

Answer by mamabear484 at 6:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Both. The limit for our kids changes a little from year to year, and the total limit changes but what we spend on family members doesn't.

Answer by missanc at 6:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• We spend the same amout on each child. It was hard on my oldest to understand that little sister got 3 gifts but she only got 2 (as an example) but they added up to the same dallor amount.
    This year we're on a pretty tight budget and the kids have been awesome about it. So, I'm only spending like $150 per child.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• kind of...every year it's different-depending what they want and how much we have

This year was a bit more than usual
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I spend an equal amount on each kid. I start shopping in January, putting things away, but in September I add up my total to see how much I've spent on each kid. Then I look at our finances, and decide how much more I can spend, and what I need to do to make it equal. I also set a total budget for everyone else on my list.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2012