Do you ever get so tired that you cannot sleep? I woke up at 1:30 am and I cannot sleep.

The holiday season always kicks our butts at work. Working with homeless families and families living in poverty is stressful but holidays are the worst. So exhausting.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 4:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Just for Fun

• the only time i can not go back to sleep even when i am tired is when my anxiety kicks in. i hope you were able to get at least a little more sleep.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Have you tried taking melitonen, its a natural way to help you sleep. My sons doctor recommend it for him, he's 12.
    I've taken it myself and it does work.
    The holidays are crazy at my workplace also. And I can relate to the occasional anxiety.
    I seem to have the problem of being so tired I fall asleep, get that second wind & cannot go back to sleep. By 5am, your ready for another little nap, but its time to get up and moving for the day...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Yes. It sucks.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• sounds like we do similar work... and yes, it's stressful. Sometimes I have a hard time sleeping.. I have certain sleep exercises I do and they help... (mental exercises). GL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• omg yes I do this a lot to the point where it's hard for me to function.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I am post-menopausal and constantly sleepless. I empathize. My brain just won't shut off and I just lie there waiting for something to work. I take a generic ambien so that I can get to sleep. I've been without it for three days now. My average get-to-sleep time is 2:00 a.m. My average wake-up time is 6:30 a.m. 4 hrs. a night just isn't doing it, but I have to wait on my doctor to call in the refill and he's probably off for Christmas. The piker!! I load up on the valerian and St. John's wort, scarf down melatonin tablets, take two to four SleepMD capsules and STILL don't get to sleep until midnight. It sucks!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2012