question about Godparents???

I have a brand new baby and my hubby and I have asked his sister and brother in law to be her Godparents. Our older daughter has 4 Godparents and my hubby wants our newborn to have 4 as well. He wants to ask some good friends of ours and I am fine with it. Do your children have Godparents? if so how many? I know that every religion and denominations have different fews on this issue...please no bashing, I am not asking this question for a debate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep mine do. They each have different sets for varying reasons.

Answer by gemgem at 2:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My dd has godparents. Only one set though.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My son has 2 godparents....my brother and his wife.
    jccgonzales

Answer by jccgonzales at 2:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My dd has 3, a godmother, and 2 godfathers... one couple is married, and the other godfather was there for me during my entire pregnancy while my dh was working away in Kansas(we live in Texas) He is my dh's bestfriend, and a goodfriend of mine also. He took me to the hospital and alll of my dr. appointments with me, when dh was away!! What a great guy- there was no way that we could pass him up!!! He treats my dd like his own!!! The couple, are my hubbys friends from highschool, and friends of mine too. I think the more the better!!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 3:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i ended up taking the titles away from my lil girls first set of godparents...they never see her n quite honestly arent the kind of people i would want my baby to know...
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 3:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Both of mine do. One set each. Different people for various reason. Each are a married couple that either I or my hubby have bee friends with for years.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 3:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My son has two godparents, my brother and my husband's cousin. We did not want to do friends or couples because friends can come and go and couples can break up. Also, we may only have one child so we wanted someone from my family and someone from his.
    risas11722

Answer by risas11722 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• at the moment my daughter only has a godmother. she's single so we have reserved ther g-father position for when she gets married. ans in response to anonymous' answer.....if you have the need to be rude about things......please refrain. there's no reason to curse and put someones beliefs down.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009