What can I do to tame a 4 year old?

My son just turned 4 in january and is out of control. I am at the point now that I cannot control him. He is so disrespectful and shows out all day long. I never get a break from it and now he is showing his little brother how to do it. I need some help.

TBKSuperMama

Asked by TBKSuperMama at 2:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• tame? like hes an animal?

well if u look at it that way, how about obedience school? he can even take his pet Fido with him!! :)
    Anonymous

• That is really mean! i was hear asking for help not anonymous sarcasm. i can handle that alone.
    TBKSuperMama

Answer by TBKSuperMama at 2:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• omgosh i was meaning it in a funny way.... YOUR the one that said tame. i just took it and ran with it.

want advice. okay theyre 4.. definitely old enough to know right from wrong just discipline them and keep your foot down. ground him, dont let him watch tv play with friends do anything HE wants to do until he straightens up. hes WELL old enough to know right from wrong.
    Anonymous

• I agree and make sure that you stick with the punishment that you have handed down and don't give in. He will continue to test you. Just make sure that you are consistent and that he knows the rules.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have no idea but PLEASE let me know when you find out bc my 4 yr old daughter is hyper!
    1PhotographyMom

Answer by 1PhotographyMom at 10:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• A book called Taming the Spirited Child. I forget who it is by. It gave me some helpful advice.
    Set up a schedule and stick to it as much as possible. Be consistant, but don't try to break them down or be too strict or they will go off the deep end. Schedules and a reward system and a behavior chart works decently for my daughter, who before was fricking spastic. She's progressing. Also try to make sure he's not bored. Limit TV time too.
    youngs_wifey05

Answer by youngs_wifey05 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2009