Boating and Babies??

I'm having my 1st baby mid May. My husband and I every weekend in the summer (Pre-baby) would spend it on our boat. What is a good boating age?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my family has a lake house and a boat... his first trip on the boat was at one month. we have a canopy on the boat. my doc told me to just add a little more water to his bottles so he stay hydrated.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• awh i love boating!!! i would wait until like 10 months? idk... thats just me...
    Anonymous

• I would wait until you get the baby safe start swimming lesson before heading out on the boat. I would also make sure that you get one of those bathing suits with the flotation device built in.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We bought an infant life jacket and our son went out at 3 months with a hat/sunglasses and umbrella for shade. We only had to wait that long for the weather to warm up. He also went hunting at 8 months old. It's always fun to have family time no matter what age!
    Anonymous

• I think whenever your comfortable with it.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Hunting at 8 months old???? That is absurd!

Anonymous

• hunting sounds way too dangerous, but thats just me. just keep your baby warm and out of the sun!
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ok we must be crazy my first was on a boat at 2 1 month covered up, and that was in guam, the second is 8 months and has not been on one yet.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 6:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009