Does anyone else's 3 year old take their clothes off to go #2?

My daughter always gets naked to go #2. My hubby said he used to do this also when he was little but I have never heard of this before and I myself never did this when I was little. I am just curious if anyone else's child does this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son was doing that. He just turned 4. Now he still takes his pants and undies off but luckily now keeps his socks and shirt on. I think its just a little kid thing.
    TBKSuperMama

Answer by TBKSuperMama at 2:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• YES!! My daughter strips down every time she has to poop! I don't understand it either. If you find a way to make them stop, let me know!! LOL!
    Gaia_Rain

Answer by Gaia_Rain at 3:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My almost 4 year old son does this! I thought he was the only one...Im glad Im not alone!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 3:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My 3 year old strips from the waist down...but leaves his shirts on.

My (almost) 5 year old used to do that...it took me forever to convince him he didn't need to take his pants off to pee even! lol (this was as he was standing to pee, too! LOL)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• YES!! Not just to poop, but for every potty experience.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes YEs Yes!!! I thought my son was just a little silly willy for doing this but he does. He is 31/2 and only when he poops. He will start out clothed and then he has no pants or undies when i ask him what happened to your clothes? He says" they fell off " hahaha..at least now i know i am not alone!
    paulierox

Answer by paulierox at 4:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• YES! My 3 yr old girl does this constantly! Drives me up the wall. I go in there to check if she's done, and she's buck naked, standing at the sink brushing her teeth!! argh!
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• lol, my daughter used to just take her pants and panties completely off..and shoes if she was wearing shoes..she got over that pretty quick tho..shes almost 5 tho and she still can not pee if shes wearing her jacket..like whenever were gettin ready to leave the house, she puts her jacket on, i tell her to go pee, and she goes in the bathroom and freaks out cuz she cant pee with it on, so then she has to take it off...go pee..wash up, and then put it back on..lol..i dunno whyyyyyyyyyyyyy..but..whatever!!!!! shes a kid, thats what they do! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have two boys that do this. My two year old strips from his pants undies socks and shoes. My four year old take off every thing when he go to the potty. I mentioned this to my family and come to find out my brother and my 22 year old nephew did the same thing and he still do it. he say it is comfortable
    Anonymous

• My daughter strips down to nothing every time she goes potty!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009