Explaining the death of an unborn.

My daughter-in-law has been told that the fetus she is carrying has died. She has a 3 year old who is constantly talking to her belly to her "new brother". How best do we tell her that her new brother will not be coming into the world?

Mannie31

Asked by Mannie31 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I guess it was a pregnancy that was pretty far along since they knew the sex of the baby. I am so sorry for her loss. I did not tell my Son that I was pregnant until I was very far along fearing this situation. I personally would say to her "the baby decided he wasn't ready to come yet & is waiting in heaven with God until he ready." At the age of three eventually she'll forget if no one talks of it in front of her & hopefully your Daughter will be blessed with another baby soon. :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Thank you so much ILovemyPaulie. Love your answer and yes, I have to agree with you that eventually she'll forget if we all move on with our lives.
    Mannie31

Comment by Mannie31 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2012