My sister just set a date for her wedding!!

I am so excited!!!! I am going to help her plan it, but we need to start yesterday, because the wedding is August 8th. Can you give me any ideas of creative ways to do things while not spending a ton of money. My sister is not wealthy, so we really have to be inventive. Thanks in advance!!!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you have plenty of time. i planned a wonderful wedding in literally 2 months :) Go get her dress NOW and bridesmaid dresses. Try and reuse tablecenters from other weddings in your family. Buy fake flowers and think simple :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Have it in someone's backyard, make your own food, cake, dresses. There are tons of cheap ideas, go get some wedding magazines.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think destination weddings are the cheapest if she is interested in doing something like that:)
    Anonymous

• A park wedding, go to your local harps/price cutter they have great cakes, do finger foods, have moms/dads/aunts serve..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There are books at the book store that you can get to help with cheap ideas for planning an inexpensive wedding. You can also do your own invitations. I would also suggest that if you get stuff from a craft store to make sure that you collect all the coupons that you can to use as well as but stuff when it is on sale. In the spring they run sales on wedding stuff as well as flowers.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Does she have a friend that would let her borrow a wedding gown ? Big Cost there! Try Con-signment shops for the gown, bridesmaid dress. Make the bouquets your self. Go to a craft store there are many things you could get there for the reception (little wedding favors) You 2 have plenty of time, just relax it will all fall into place, you'll see ! Happy planning & congrat's...
    Melanie_Ann

Answer by Melanie_Ann at 3:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• dont really have much ideas. since we (germany) celebrate a wedding a little different anyway ;)

but i wish her all the luck in the world and the best wedding ever and so much love :)

we married august 11th btw. hehe
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Congrats to your sister. You must be so happy:)Have someone take pics instead of hiring a photographer.Go to any dollar store and they have invitations , wedding stuff galore you do not have to spend a lot.
    Anonymous