What have your pets done to scare the heck out of you in the middle of the night?

I came out of my bedroom the other night not knowing our kitten was in the laundry room. She ran at me, jumped at my sweatpants and hung on the side of my leg. I stumbled back into the wall and a picture fell. She took off running. All I wanted was a drink!

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pets

• We used to have this big black lab, and one night he walked through our bedroom with nothing showing in the dark but his big white teeth! I was half asleep and it just spooked the hell out of me to see those teeth floating across the room. I sat up and screamed, woke everybody in the house, my husband jumped out of bed wanting to know what was wrong...it was funny after I figured it out!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Our cat used to hide on shelves and jump on us when we walked by. Or attack our feet when we were sleeping! One of cats use to sit on his butt almost like a human would. That was kinda creepy.
    Anonymous

• I was watching Ghost Whisperer (I am easily spooked BTW) and one of my black cats had climbed up the chimney breast and suddenly came thundering down infront of me. He was covered in cobwebs and his eyes were wide like saucers. He had been sat up there listening to the birds...

notquiteMartha

Answer by notquiteMartha at 3:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• LOL! Silly kitties!

My husband is away a lot on trips. What makes me very nervous are if I am reading in bed and both cats are lying there sleeping and all the sudden they both perk up and sit looking at the bedroom door. Scares me every time!

Answer by Bmat at 3:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• In the middle of the night she just started barking like something was in the house. She was standing on my bed, stiff with her noise pointed straight and just barking...I didn't see anything at all.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• just barked...why? that scares me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ROFLMAO hehehehe some of these answers are hilarious!! My cat used to go nuts after midnight when she was a kitten. She'd run around the house and jump launch herself off of the sliding glass door. It was hilarious, but not very amusing when we were sleeping. Now i have the same problem as Sandra. It scares the hell out of me when my dogs start barking like theres someone in the house. My heart stops every time
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Ohmigoodness! I was at my dad's house and I was in the basement talking on the phone. It was pitch black so you couldn't see anything, out of nowhere this thing grabbed my arm. (I've always been freaked at things grabbing my feet from under beds and things) It was their cat Boo. He's all black (and has a history of randomly attacking someone out of nowhere...hence his name) so I just didn't see him. I screamed, scared the cat & scared the person I was on the phone with. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. That cat is hilarious!
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have a window right above my bed, and while both my kitties love it, Niblet likes to sleep up there. Now, she's prefectly capable of jumping from the sill to the floor (I've seen her do it!) but she likes to jump on the bed and land thisclosetomyhead while I'm sleeping! I wake up gasping, with my heart pounding. A few times she's also used my face as a springboard to make it up onto the windowsill, and I wake up bleeding. She thinks it's hilarious.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 3:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• OMG I have read these and am in tears laughing!! Thank you I needed a good belly laugh!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2009