Are your children's school Holiday shows in the afternoon or evening?

My Son's is in the afternoon. I really wish they would have them in the morning or in the evening so Fathers & Mom's that work can attend too. My DH can't get off work to attend in the afternoon since he has a 45 minute ride both ways & the show is an hour. If it was in the morning he could go in a little late. Ideally more Parents could attend if it was in the evening. That's how it was done when I was small & my Dad was there. My Son said a few of his classmates were sad because both their Parents couldn't come at all. This stinks! I'm sure that Parents who can't make it feel terrible.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 11:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We had the daycare Christmas Show last night at 6:00. It was over by 6:30, as far as singing. The rest of the evening was cookies and games. I left after the singing... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• My kids padgent is tomorrow.DD (5 yrs) is dancing and DS (3yrs) is singing. If DS's class sings jingle bells tomorrow, its not going to be good. I can picture DS up there as that songs starts up "Jingle Bells BATMAN SMELLS" as loud as he can LMAO

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Ours are evening. Only 2 grades do the holiday one, the rest do other ones through the year, but they're all at 6:30 or 7:00.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• In elementary school they did two performances around 2:00 for the rest of he school and parents, and one at 7:00 pm for parents.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• My younger kids' school does parent things in the morning, so parents (and "special" people) can go before work.
    DS1's high school does everything in the evening, which for our house is a pain as DH already exhausted from getting to work by 5 am.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Ours are in the evening, usually 6:30 or 7.

I hate to say this, but after doing the holiday program thing for 13 years, I'm kind of glad this is our last one. I know it sounds bad, but sometimes trying to make time for these things is more trouble that it's worth. I love seeing the kids sing, etc, but it's exhausting.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• my kindergartener had hers at 11am last friday, I'm sure it was hard for a lot of parents to make it but they schedule all the programs throughout the day. my older dd (3rd grade) isn't doing anything this year, not sure why.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• They only do a holiday concert for K-3. They're always in the evenings. I miss being able to see the kids sing, even when it wasn't my son's class I'd tear up because it's adorable.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• My son's preschool had their show in the evening. It was nice because then we both could attend.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Our's are in the evening.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2012