I have the solution. I know how to stop the violence :)

We do not need to continue the gun regulation debate.
We, SO and I, have come up with the perfect answer.

Do not be concerned with licensing guns, license hands. That's right, hands.
Think about it... ALL criminals who use and "hand-held" weapon (gun, bat, tire iron etc) have one thing in common. Not the weapon, but the method with which the weapon was wielded.

Their HANDS.
So, we license the hands. Get caught committing an act of violence. Lose a hand.
Of course this law will be compassionate and deterrent at the same time. You would only lose one hand per crime.

This would allow youthful offenders a chance to be rehabilitated and warn the general public that the person has violent tendencies.

Of course the second time they commit an act of violence both of their hands are gone as is the threat.

Next we could license feet. This will aid in preventing criminals from "running".

Think about it!
Beat someone up and then hide from the authorities?
Lose a hand and a foot.

It's perfect.

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 12:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Actually, the more I think about it, the more brilliant it is. What guy is going to give up masturbation for life to commit a 2nd offense??

(and I haz a sad that people seem to have missed what section this was posted in)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• hahaha I am all for it!! I have heard they do that in certain countries anyway! lol so if it's the hands and feet that go for certain crimes... guess what the guy gets when it's a sex crime... rut roh... better hide them parts if u don't wanna lose them!! lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• How about if we give them an option of losing their hand, OR only losing a finger or two if they donate a body part? Think of all the people on transplant waiting lists that need livers, kidneys, lungs, etc.... Have them give one up, and they can plea bargain for a few fingers...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Unfortunately the worst offenders wouldn't care. They are more than willing to put a bullet in their own heads.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• But what about people who have lost a hand through no fault of their own? Like industrial accidents or birth defects? They'll be stuck with that stigma forever. I think it needs to be a hand and a forehead tat stating why the hand was lost. No tat, no mistreatment for not having a hand.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Nah the solution is the head. Because none of the crimes could be committed without the head.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Well, you could show SOME compassion, and for a first offense just take off their trigger finger.... Just saying...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Unfortunately, violence is not new to the world. Whatever we ban, outlaw, etc, will only become yet another reason for violence and bloodshed. It's the way it works. I don't have an answer, I wish I did.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Sorry, I missed the category completely. I'm having trouble focusing today. And really, I would like to chop off the hands or balls of anyone who wants to hurt a kid. With something dull and rusty, if possible.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• i thought it was going to be...
    guns will only work with a registered fingerprint

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2012