WHY?

If someone wants to adopt a pet from a shelter, they have to complete a three page application, provide references, have an interview and their home checked to make sure the house is safe. Why can't we have people interview possible gun owners, have their home checked to make sure that their guns will be stored properly under lock and key, provide references, and have a doctor provide a certificate stating that everyone in the home does not suffer from mental or emotional illnesses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• where the hell are you adopting? I completed a one page, didnt need my home checked and I took home my cat the very same day

I agree with you on how guns should be obtain. Almost anyone can get a gun. Here in Utah does require a background heck though
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I only need $105 to adopt a pet from a shelter. Or the Thrifty Nickle.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I adopted my guy from Petfinder.com. All I had to do was drive down there to get him and pay a $30.00 re-homing fee.

(Yes, I am trying to evade your question)....

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Adoptions for the most part are done by private citezens. I do think the are going overboard and the adoption fees are too high but that is my opinion. It is their private "business"
    It is a whole different thing for government to do it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• it costs $75 to adopt from a shelter here and you dont have to do anything else. you pay the money you get the dog/cat. shoot, our neighbors got their dog for $15 on one of the "last chance" days.

but to answer your question...what makes you think ppl would keep their guns locked up once they are approved? what if someone develops a mental illness after they get their gun? what if they buy a gun and then they have a child who suffers mental illness...are we going to strip them of their guns b/c their kid has a mental illness...especially if its an illness that is not violent?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2012