Food Stamp Question

For the first time every my family had to apply for Food Stamps. We are on Medi-cal already I waited till i had to for food stamps. So I applied last week, she called me on Wed. for a interview. She asks for one paper, she already had all my info from the medi-cal. So I faxed it in on Monday. She said I could get my card in 7 days. But when I called it's still pending. My case worker does not pick up her phone. Is this normal, why is still pending. She is good about calling me when she needs somthing and she has not called. I'm a little worried with the holidays coming and such.

team2008

Asked by team2008 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Money & Work

• they send cards out if your approved or not. Be patient. It can take up to 30 days to get approved
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• welcome
    Cafe Robin wrote at 2:36 PM on Dec. 19 , 2012

took you 5 minutes
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• social workers are VERY busy, especially this time of year. she probably screens her calls for the most important things (things that must be dealt with ASAP) and lets the rest go. you'll just have to wait, sorry.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• you will get the card before youa re approved, once approved if so, the money will be there.....like PP stated can take 30 days or more and like OK said, its the week before Christmas, they are swamped and some may even be on vacation.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I am very sorry that you waited until the last minute to apply but now it is the holiday season and cold weather and they are absolutely swamped. and probably will be until after the first of the year. It is just bad timing. If you need food you might try local churches and food banks to at least get some to tide you over.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I can never get a live person when I call. It's pretty standard, holiday or not.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• You probably will not get anything tell after New years.

Answer by louise2 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Idk, but hugs and good luck to you. Keep calling.

texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Thank You, we are ok for food for now. WE have a couple months still. But anything will help. I will not expect anything till after the 1st.
    team2008

Comment by team2008 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2012