Gun control

I have talked about how we give these shooters what they want, fame.
Tell me without looking.
Do you know the name of the Ct. shooter?
Can you name one of the victims?

The was talk about banning guns because muskets were the weapon of the day.

When some on committed a crime such as murder in those long past days, what happened?
They were locked away and not allowed to see anyone, except a family member under very strict time frames (like 15 minutes) but no outside contact.
They were tried (yes they could have a lawyer) and if convicted again waited with no contact save the fifteen minutes with a family member and a clergyman if they chose. They were publicly executed and often left to hang for afew days to be scavenged by birds and to serve as a warning. Then they were allowed to be burried, no marker and they were not spoken of again. Their families were ashamed of them.

Things are sure different now and we have to accept the responsibility for some of that.

So tell me the name of one of those babies?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Emile Parker... she went to kindergarten here in NM last year and recently moved to CT.

I just learned his name yesterday, I was purposely NOT listening as to not give him glory.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Victoria Soto a brave teacher. My friends granddaughter watched this teacher get shot.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Emily parker, Catherine hubbard, daniel barden, jessica rekos, benjamin wheeler, grace mcdonnel,Victoria Soto, Just to name a few. my thoughts never go to that sick man. Just to those precious babies and their families.
    Anonymous

• didnt look it up. I remembered only a few:( wish i could remember them all. Chase is another one. Emily Parker is from utah where i live. we put pink ribbon around the whole county and more.
    Anonymous

• Klebold is the only whack job i can ever name off the top of my head. I have to think really hard to even come up with Lennon's murderer.

Remember if it bleeds it leads in regards to the news.
    Additionally, the main question in a tragedy is who do we blame and what kind of person.?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• i have a feeling after all the threats that have been going on that this is going to happen again. from the sick people that actually see how much fame he is getting sadly they will want the same thing
    Anonymous

• I wish they wouldn't mention the shooter's name at all. Last year a 15 year old girl was raped, stabbed 40+ times with a kitchen knife, and then set on fire. I made the mistake of watching all the news coverage because it happened right by my house. Her name was Alyssa Otremba. I don't know the name of her murderer. I am purposely trying to not know the victims of this shooting because those sweet little faces on the news stick in my mind and it hits too close to home for me. It breaks my heart to look at my 7 year old and see the faces of the victims. I wish they would limit the news coverage, and never mention the names of shooters like him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I remember seeing Victoria Soto on Facebook. She hid all of her kids and then told the shooter her kids where in the gym. She gave up her life to save her kids. What an amazing woman she was.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I knew a few of the names already mentioned here, not from the news but from reading the facebook page about all of the victims. I couldn't read it all, it was too heartbreaking to see those little children's smiling faces... When I think of the shooter, I dont think of him by name. I think of his family, and what they too must be going through. He was 20 years old, and yes he had a mental disorder. But he was still most likely a loved member of that extended family. How do you reconcile that? How do you miss and grieve for a young man you watched grow up, and loved, with this monster that most of your psyche wants to hate? My heart hurts for them too...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I remember the name Jack and the football player wrote his name on his shoe in the game this past Sunday
    and remember the name Noah, he was buried the other day and has a twin sister.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2012