More than one direct sales/mlm..?

Is it okay to do more than one in your opinion?

Do you do more than one?

What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Money & Work

• It would depend on what direct sales business you are currently in. Some do not allow you to be a part of another one. Not sure if you can really join to similar ones eithe (example Avon and Mary Kay).

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• JeremysMom has a very good point and even a lot of them who won't allow you to be involved with more then one company. They often won't tell you until you are making sufficient money though as was the case with a MLM I was previously with and only after recruiting 450 people did I realise this.

I am now in two because the one I recently joined has figured out a real and honest way to completely automate a well above average income for the average person. This means that I DON'T have to do anything other than join and have them build my business for me!

This companies marketing system does all the work for me.

David B.

Answer by David B. at 12:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I do PartyGals and Scentsy, both very successfully. I'm #2 in the US with PartyGals, and I am a Director with Scentsy.
    For the most part, they all frown upon selling competing products (as mentioned above), and some will not allow you to advance to a certain leadership level if you are with another MLM.
    Most will also tell you you cannot do combined parties. So I can't display my Scentsy next to my Sex Toys. I will however do one brand, pack up, and come back in to the same house and show the other brand. My customers love it because I'll change my T-shirt and reintroduce myself and everything, they think it's funny.
    In my experience they will work together. The clients you meet with one brand will often cross over and also buy from the 2nd brand if you become well known for providing excellent customer service and a fantastic party experience.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I think it is fine as long as they are not similar products...I have a consultant on my team who does Partylite and my business.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• If you are looking for another opportunity, I would love to speak with you!! Message me!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Soylicious , EPX Body , and Melaleuca are all different.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• It depends on what you want to gain. Have you ever heard of the old saying..."you can't chase 2 rabbits"??? Well, this is where it falls into place. If you want to do more than one DS biz, that is fine, but if you really want to excel and succeed, you will most likely need to chose one. I am a Team Mentor with Tastefully Simple and couldnt think of promoting another company. If you are passionate about one, then you wouldnt be able to do more in my opinion. Also, with MOST DS biz's, once you hit a certain leadership level, its not allowed. If you are doing them as a hobby or as a personal discount, then there is nothing wrong with it :)
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 1:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Hobby until I really find one I excel in...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• So....how many have you tried?? I "challenge" you to see if Tastefully Simple would be one you excel in ..wink-wink!! If you want info, let me know :)
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 12:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2012