Wtf is wrong with people?

I got another automated call tonight from the county superintendent with schools. She's been keeping us all up to date on security measures this week. She said tonight that there have been several bomb threats and shooting threats but that they were all investigated and turned out to be false. One arrest was made apparently.

Why do people do stupid things like this? Call and make bomb threats after such a horrible tragedy? How sadistic and cruel are some people? Has your county experienced an increase in this dumb shit this week also?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Like I said earlier, there have been 17 threats against Clark County schools. I am keeping my kids home on Friday because of it. I hate that we live in a world where kids have to worry about being murdered at school!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• How do they expect to get away with it?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• Why do people do stupid things like this? Call and make bomb threats after such a horrible tragedy?

Because kids are stupid. They think nonsense like that is funny. A joke. Their chance to ride on someone else's 15 mins of fame.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I mean, I know people are stupid and that people have been calling in bomb threats for a long time. I remember in high school having to evacuate so many times due to bomb threats. It was scary, especially after 9/11. But damn, it's the last week of school and were all shaken by what happened. I'm having hard enough time sending her as it is. Give it a rest!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• There a many sick people out there.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• She didnt state which schools received the threats but I wish I knew if any of them involved my child's school. I'm so on the fence about sending her back at all this week
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• They want the media attention...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• If you are uncomfortable keep her home. It makes me sick that Moms have to worry about this. Hugs
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• It is a lack of respect for their fellow man. (Yes, women are included in the group of man.) Somewhere there was a lack of effort in teaching empathy and compassion. Parents have taught their children to be takers and not givers, to find fear funny, and to enjoy watching the chaos they cause.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I haven't heard anything from the school since Friday evening. I don't think any elementary kids (up to 4th grade) make bomb threats in general. (I could be wrong) Still, I am debating keeping my son home on Friday, because who knows what crazy people will do.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2012