Does anyone have veneers?

I want my teeth done for my wedding. My teeth are something I'm super self conscious about. They're gross from years of bulimia. I've had braces and that also made them stained. I'd really like a full mouth of veneers. Insurance will cover about half because I have temporary crowns on my teeth right now. Has anyone had anything like that done before? If so, how much did it cost and was it worth it?Did you go to your regular dentist or a cosmetic one? I have an appointment with my regular dentist who can do them.

SaraD1989

Asked by SaraD1989 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• I've never heard of them. Is it like dentures? False teeth? braces?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I would think you'd go to a specialist. My aunt got a tooth not sure if it's a veneer but it cost her 1800 for one. I would guess it would be like buying a car. Call around and ask.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I know they are expensive- my son needs them and we can't get them : /
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• My brother had them done....about $10,000 in total with braces also I believe....and alot of discomfort during the process....he is happy but it is alot of time, alot of appointments etc. - get a good Dentist.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I am not sure about cost but i have 2 teeth with veneer on them and they have lasted well over the exceeded time that was given to replace which was 10 years max, I got them when I was 18 I am now 44 so my dentist way back when did a great job. I had no discomfort with them.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I read that as "does anyone have weiners" and I laughed.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• No... But I would LOVE LOVE LOVE too !! Good luck !!
    WaMom909090

Answer by WaMom909090 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• My husband has them and our regular dentist did them years ago. VERY Expensive. I just had crowns put on my front 5 teeth...it was about $1800 with my insurance. Have you considered crowns rather than veneers?? They look AMAZING!!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I have a friend that has them. One time she was eating a cheeseburger, bit into it and her front tooth fell off. Not cool, and it was really expensive to replace. I don't think I would ever do it.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• This is something you want done for your wedding so Hun just do it..Have a Wonderful Marriage and God's Blessings to you both..
    Cher53

Answer by Cher53 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2012