how do you get started in a successful home business ?

I know alot of home business are fake or have other catch. Otherwise there would be more people working at home.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 3:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• You have to find a product or service you believe in, and then I recommend finding someone who is in that business who is a good fit for you. If they are successful then you want to be able to repeat what they do. If it is direct sales and they do parties, are their recommend scripts/presentations. What other methods work well for selling the products? eg boutiques, one on one presentations etc. I am with Arbonne and I have sample kits I loan out for a few days at a time. People love to try things before they buy them and especially in the privacy of their own home. If they like them I end up with a sale. If they like them but can't really afford them, then I ask them to host a party so they can earn the products. If you would like to know more visit http://try.myarbonne.com

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Hello, I agree you do have to find a business that you have a passion for, I have tried several things, Mary Kay, Avon , International trade, I even tried selling cell phones, I ordered a free ebay kit and never received it and then noticed that they took 100.00 dollars out of my account, I tried surveys , sat at the computer for hours and only earned 15$ witch i could net get untill I reached 25$, Then they wanted me to get credit cards and shop at stores before i earned more points, I finally decided there is no way I am going to make money home and then I found the company I am with now, AMERIPLANUSA, Its completly work from home. All you need is a phone and internet connection, I found out AMERIPLAN provides a service that helps people save money on there dental and health care cost, Low start up fee, Under 100.00, Nationwide, Daily pay,benefits and 401k find out more http://www.freedomathometeam.com/40450197
    Amberlynn2001

Answer by Amberlynn2001 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Hi there. Yes, there are alot of scams out there; I've been scammed a few times myself. I did, however, find a work at home business that is not a scam at all; DiamondCreek Candles. It's free to sign up, there are no contracts, you can cancel at anytime and the company is completely legitimate. They have been around for over 10 years and the products are gorgeous. Here is the link if you are interested in signing up!!

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Start with a business that is simple and fun to work. Don't spend a lot of money trying to do it. The company I work for is registered with Better BUsiness Bureau and it has been around for 24 years. If you want more info about it check out my website:
    http://www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 7:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Find a product you LOVE and believe in. With me that was with Tupperware and there lifetime warranty . Also that I LOVED and USED all there products so the discount helps. I LOVE my business but I will be honest my 1st business wasn't so good. I've been with Tupperware 2 years and LOVE IT!!!!!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 7:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I've tried mary kay,ameriplan,arbonne,avon,tupperware,slumber parties,and home and garden party to finally find my business. I make the most doing Booty Parlor Parties.I am a sexy lifestyle constulant with them, and I notice men send their ladies out with the checkbooks. We were featured in 7 magazines alone this month,and on VH1,the tyra show,good morning america,etc. I like it,because I empower women. I teach them about their bodies,i educate them on relationships and sex. I love it! We are super classy too,women like that because they are usually embarassed to shop in a sleezy bookstore.I know I would be. Get all the facts,find a great team who will support you, get all the details..how much is your website,credit card processing,shipping and business tools like catalogs or business cards? Research them, pick a company you are excited and passionate about.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I agree with the other posts - when doing a direct sales business, the start up is usually pretty reasonable but you have to like and believe in the products. THat is what lead me to Thirty-One Gifts. I couldn't see myself selling something I wouldn't use or buy myself. I love going to home parties, there are a lot of them out there so pick what you like and give it a try. It can be some work to get started but like anything it is all what you put into it.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have a home based business, and it's not fake, but the catch is you have to work your tail off!
    If you dont work your business like a business, its a good idea to get out of business!

Now, the get rich now and get rich quick promises are fake, if you meet someone that offers you this run like the devil!
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 2:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• To answer you first question, to get started you need to educate yourself. Real Home Business are not fake, they may just be hobbies for some but for me we run an International very successful business from home. The reason more people aren't working from home is because of their mindset. I use to feel like you until I met someone who had a successful home business and I was hurting financially bad enough that I took a leap a faith. And now it's been 6 years and all I can say is I am glad I educated myself. There are many books and websites that will help you learn more. There is a website called www.firstclassmlm.com that will help you learn how the home businesses works, scams etc. Good Luck!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 4:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It's too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I've been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2009