Doomsday..

So it's officially almost doomsday, but wait, what is supposed to apparently happen and what time? Since at 9 our time it's the next day in Samoa..I'm just wondering what the real story behind the Mayans is. All sarcasm aside.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Good question, but have't you heard that there were no leap years and we should have all died like in July 2012. I think...
    But ya, is it fire, flood, ???
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I have no answer for you but I would guess that thier calendar would based on the times at their location.

I will say that, the world is not going to end.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• That's whet I wanna know. And actually my little brother calculated that once. It was like July 4 2011 or something. Still a bit unnerving for the skeptics but curious.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• haha i did not know that
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 12:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Oops what**
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• According to a show I watched last night I'm going to be fine because I'm in a safe zone.   Unfortunently most of California, Oregon, and Seattle will be underwater.  Maine doesn't fair much better. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• On the news this morning, it looks like it will be everywhere but some little village in France that is being invaded by a doomsday cult that believes the aliens will keep them safe there. Needless to say the mayor of the little french village is NOT in a good mood today.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• From what I have heard, there are a few places in the world that won't be affected, but I am also curious as to what the end is supposed to be like. Will it be a giant flood? A terrible storm? I have no idea.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Noon, Central

John Mitchell - Armageddon Polka

"And I hope you have no plans for the weekend

'cuz I know exactly what you're doin'

The Almighty was telling Mr. Jordan

Armageddon is getting here at noon! 

Central time! 

Armageddon is getting here at noon!!!" 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• The Mayan calendar period ends and a new calendar period begins. Kind of like Dec. 31st ends our calendar and begins a new year. I had planned to bake butter spritz cookies on doomsday, but I think I'll just rest up for the party I'm going to in the afternoon.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2012