How important is respect to your parents from your husbands?

I brought my husband home to my mom before we got married. They immediately loved him because he was too cute to them lol. I always say if you can not respect your family and you jump everytime someone tells you how are you going to know what respect is? My uncle has a girlfriend who is younger but shows drama and disrespect for family and my parents and family hates her lol she has a young generation mind around the age of 10 years old because she still fights over guys and start drama...THANK GOD IM MARRIED LOL so how much does respect means to you

Babygurlbeauty

Asked by Babygurlbeauty at 3:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2012 in Relationships

Level 5 (-683 Credits)
  • I could not respect a man who disrespected the people who were responsible for making me the way I am ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• For mr kindness is an important trait in a partner.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• For me, as long as my family gives him respect I think he should show the same, but if they don't respect him then I don't expect him to respect them. it is give and take to me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I expect mutual respect. My DH is the man I love and the man I have made a life with. If my family members treat him with disrespect, I wouldn't expect him to treat them in higher regard than they do with him. Same situation vice versa. I respect his family members and if they show me disrespect, he can expect to either stand up for me, or I will walk (not necessarily out of the marriage, but it would be an issue).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I wanted mutual respect. My parents always hated my husband. They never bothered getting to know him at all. My husband is a great guy, kind to everyone, gets along with everyone. My parents treated him like crap. After a number of years, they were nicer to his face, but still talked trash behind his back. It was ridiculous. He has put up with so much from them. Way too much. This year I hit a breaking point and told my dickbag father to not contact me again. I wish I had done it sooner.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• i dont understand why the wrong guys sometimes get the wrong respectful off by judgeing them without knowing them. my family hates this one gurl..not because she is too young but because she is drama and she can't do anything we do at her age and my family feels it is inappropriate. you gotta have respect for my parents to meet you. if your family dont show me respect then oh poof well lol but my parents has to like him...
    Babygurlbeauty

Comment by Babygurlbeauty (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I never asked my DH to love my family but to just get along and never bad mouth them; he asked the same of me.

To me that much is important. I know which people he likes and does and he knows the same of me. If we have a problem or can't figure something out about a family member, we discuss it quietly between ourselves..
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• in the South, if a man you're with don''t respect your parents, especially your daddy....if you're too dumb to run him off, daddy will :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• It would be a deal breaker to me. I cannot respect a man who is I'll bred.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Respect is very important to us, we all respect eachother in our family, on both sides.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2012