Have you tested the Flu vaccine?

We are testing it right now. My sons have test positve for Flu A, they are on Tamiflu as am I. The three of us did not get the shot. DH got his flu shot a while ago. So far he is doing well. Hoping it stays that way.

AngZacc

Asked by AngZacc at 6:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2012 in Health

• I got the flu shot. A lot of people I work with had that flu that's going around. I haven't got it yet. (crossing my fingers)

Answer by louise2 at 7:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• i have. YOu can still catch a cold but i have yet to get a fever or a bad cough. Usually sore throat ....HOpe your family feels better.
    jossstone1969

Answer by jossstone1969 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• A family in our school all got the shots (well, mom & kids did, dad did not). Oldest kid is on week 3 of being sick, mom & other 2 kids have also been sick. Dad's the only one who hasn't gotten sick. We don't do flu shots and haven't had it even with multiple exposures.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• idareyou. That is so great that you guys haven't gotten it. Both my boys are in school, K-4 and Daycare. I have not heard if anyone else there has tested positive.
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Well, DH did not get it. The boys Tamiflu helped them, but I, two weeks later am struggling with Pneumonia in one lung and the croup! Guess the $30 flu shot might be in order next year. Definately, less expensive than 3 tamiflus, an antibiotic, steriods and possible missed work.
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2013