Would you call the cops if

If your child was picked up but their other parent and were put in the car with no car seat? (child is 6 years old)

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• If the law in your state says the child is below the age/weight/height restrictions, then yes. Doesn't matter whose child it is.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• No.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• No
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• It would depend on the laws of your state, but I would most likely call the other parent and tell them to get a booseter seat for the child, why create more drama and unrest by calling the police?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Depends. If the laws in your state say that they need to be in one, then I would tell them they needed to get a car seat. I would give them ONE chance to follow through, and then I would call.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• i agree with jerseydiva It would depend on the laws of your state, but I would most likely call the other parent and tell them to get a booseter seat for the child, why create more drama and unrest by calling the police?
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 9:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• If I had a problem with them not being in a carseat, I never would have let them leave in the first place.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I would try talking to the other parent first if they do nothing then yes I would call the cops if your state says they need to be in one.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Probably not, but I wouldn't let someone else pick my kid up before supplying them with a seat. I would feel equally to blame for the mistake. If they're not trustworthy enough to use the supplied seat, then they're not trustworthy enough to be responsible for my child.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• In our state if the parent is picking up the child in an unsafe manner, no carseat, drunk, etc. The parent that has the child at the time can call the police and refuse the impaired parent visitation. Make sure it is documented by the police so that you are not held in contemp with not evidence to back you up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2012