What to do if you uave a horrible person as a boss?

she lies cheats and steals from people.im obviously looking for other options but in the meantime how to cope??

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2012 in Money & Work

• Look for a different job.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• What does she steal?
    QuinnMae

• Have you seen ''Horrible Bosses"? ;)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• turn them in?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Idk... but I just went through that. Sadly, I finally got fed up, challenged her, and ended up losing my job. If you have to put up with it until you find something else, make sure you have an outlet for your frustrations so you don't let it build up. I've found that yoga helps... too bad I didn't realize that before I got myself fired.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• You cope by looking at it logically instead of emotionally. Facts- she is a bad person- just accept this is a fact. Instead of trying to "fight:" what you can't change, let it go and put that negative energy you have for her and let that drive you to something better. Just keep redirecting any thoughts regarding her. Be aware of your thinking- that is the key to your copeing with this. You just have to get through it unless you can just quit and walk away. Carma will bite her eventually. Focus your time on making the changes you need to and get out of there, We are powerless over other people.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Keep all you posessions locked up
    Document everything you do so that you can show her superiors you have done the work (Preferablly on a computer that time stamps everything)
    I am not sure what else you mean by cheat and lie other than that so do not know how to answer.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Don't take in any of your boss's negativity. She may be a bad person, but you are not. Separate your feelings about her from your feelings about your job so you can cope till you find something else. I left a job with a difficult boss and started my own business from home, which was a great step in the right direction for me. At work, I felt powerless, so I decided to turn my misery into something positive, which gave me renewed energy to deal with my boss because I knew I was taking steps toward getting out. I hope it all works out for you. Stay out of pointless arguments because nothing you say will change your boss if she truly is a horrible person, and avoid endless gossip and griping about her to your coworkers because that will only drag you down.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Don't bring anything of value in to work. Keep your purse locked up. And DOCUMENT things.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I just went through this with my former boss. I say former, because it's her who is no longer with the company, not me. She was actually terminated last week, for things not related to how she treated me (like I was something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe). I just dealt with it, and took her abuse, I had to, I need the job. It was very difficult, though. But, karma came back around and kicked her. Document everything, regardless of how small or insignificant you think it might be. This is what caught up with my former boss. Hope it all turns out okay for you.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2012