induced

38 weeks
so i went to my doc yesterday
and he said next week we could set a date for me to be induced
and that it would be a good idea
but i told him i wanted to wait as long as i could to get induced
he got w weird look on his face
then i told him i want to try all natural with no drugs wut so ever
and he just said ok i will see u next week again with a weird look on his face
so i guess my question is...
is it bad that i dont want to be induced??????
and is it normal for a doc to say that it would be a good idea to set a date to get induced before im 40 weeks????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He probably gave you that look because alot of women just want it to be over lol. They dont want to wait for it to happen naturally.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i was induced. when i wsa 8 months. its not that bad you can still go all natural. it all depends on the baby and your body. i dont think its bad that you dont want to be induced maybe its the fact tht most women are so eager to be over the pregnancy. i dont know.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i think a lot of doctors just assume the patient will agree with them and maybe he was just thrown back. lol

but thats awesome you stood up for yourself :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you want to go all natural with no pain medication, do not be induced if you can help it. It makes the pain SOOOOO much worse. I did it, and there is no frickin way I would EVER do that again--no WAY no HOW!
    Anonymous

• My daugher-in-law was told the same thing when she was getting close to her due date - NOT PAST her due date, just close to it! She had done her research, however, and she knew that babies need as much time in the womb as possible - that the lungs are the last to develop and it's certainly best for them to be ready before they have to start breathing for the rest of your child's life ! So when she said she didn't want to be induced, the Dr. answered "We'll see you in 2 days". She suspected he might strip her membranes next appt and start the labor, so she just didn't go to the appt, rather than argue some more. (After all, it is HER body and HER baby, NOT the Dr.'s ! ) ... after a lot of trouble and fear created by the Dr. over waiting too long, her labor started naturally, and her baby was born 3 days late. Our bodies feed our babies at different rates, so some might need more days to be ready. Don't speed up nature ! Best !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I was induced with both children......I would rather give birth 1000 times before being pregnant again!:) being induced doesn't mean that you can't try for a natural birth....all they do is give you pitocin and break your water for you. It's your decision though. I do hope that with my next child I go into labor so I can experience that part! Either way, the longer that baby is in the oven I think it's great, they have everything they need in there!!! Good luck!
    mothersmitty

Answer by mothersmitty at 9:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009