How much weight can you lift while pregnant??

I am a nanny for a 2 1/2yr old that is becoming very heavy, I do seem to get a few small cramps after picking him up some times, is this bad? Should I not be lifting him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dr told me when I first got pregnant that I didn't need to lift more than 15 pounds, it's changed now because I can't lift much at all, but I think the norm is about 15 to 20 pounds.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 3:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• as much as you can handle. but books and doctors and everyone else say no more than about 20-30 lbs
    Anonymous

• my doc told me at first no more then 25 lbs
    but i started to show signs of pre-term labor
    so they changd it to no more then like 5
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• talk with your doctor
    Anonymous

• 15-20 pounds is the maximum recommended by doctors. You should not be picking this child up, it's not good for you at all.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have a 2 year old and refuses to let anyone else pick him up..daddy or whatever when he gets hurt or wants to go to bed he weighs 28lbs and dr said it was ok....
    jlcazzola

Answer by jlcazzola at 3:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I had to keep carrying around my toddler while pregnant even though she was over the recommended weight. It caused back problems and ligament pain but nothing else.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I ended up with a hemmorhage by lifting my daughter alot and she was about 22-23lbs then. I was only 9weeks then and the hemmorhage got a little bigger and I was bleeding it out and now has stopped at 18 weeks.
    Anonymous