Need advice for buying e-cigarette

What brand do you recommend? Does one taste better than the other? What all does the smoker need? are some disposable? Help me with this Christmas gift idea .... i am clueless !

Thanks

SeventiesChild

Asked by SeventiesChild at 4:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2012 in Just for Fun

• You want an Ego starter kit. Do not buy the cheap kits they sell at convenience stores and tobacco shops, those are designed for failure.

These are all reputable places I've personally dealt with before:

SmartVapes

MadVapes

KVS

You need that starter kit at the very least.  You also need juice, which is flavored liquid with nicotine in it, tailored to how much the person smokes, and flavored to their preference.  This is where giving as a gift is tricky if you don't know them that well.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• For e-juice, go to these sites, you want to try sample packs of different tobacco flavors to start, leave it up to the person using it if they want to try some fruit/dessert flavors later. Most people give up tobacco flavor completely and only do others after the first time they try one, but again, if you don't know exactly what they like, guessing wrong might turn them off trying more than one day.

KVS (again - see above link, they have best tobacco flavors)
    Juicy

RAWR

For strenght, aim mid-range 12-18mg, if they use it constantly, they need to go up higher on their next batch, if it gives them the jitters, they need to go lower.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• You can also read more on the online communities:

e-cig forum

vapeTV

VPL

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• We recommend the Clayton brand. Nothing but the starter kit needed. Then you just have to replace the cartridges as you need to. You can do disposable, or rechargeable. The disposables are just that, you "smoke" them, and when they are done, you throw them away. The rechargeable ones have a battery (the part that looks like the cig) which must be charged from time to time. The companies claim that a cartridge will last approx 400 or so puffs, or pretty close to 2 packs. Usually, starting with the disp is recommended.

One other brand that might be good is the "Blu" (Blue?) brand. It is made by a cigarette company, it is the only one. I just can't remember which one makes it, though.

E-cigs tend to work very well for those who are wanting to quit, so be sure that the refill cartridges come in different levels of nicotine so the smoker can step down.
    Please pm me if you have other ?s, I sell these every day.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I smoke the V2 and I'm going to start filling the cartridges myself soon, after I figure out for sure which flavor and strength I want. I seriously advise against getting the cheap ones from Walmart, gas stations, etc. Sometimes you can find a decent brand, but usually they're total crap and not worth what you paid.

As far as which kind you should get, that's ssomething you'll have to decide. A few of the more popular/higher rated brands are Blu, V2, and Green Smoke, but there are tons out there. I decided on V2 after reading and watching so many reviews about so many different ecigs.

Regardless of what you get, I suggest starting with a mix of medium and full strength cartridges. Some people find the full strength to be too strong, but I like them for fighting cravings.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me, or if you decide to get a V2 starter kit, I have a 15% off discount code.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I don't even smoke (anymore) and I want one of these. I tried a friends- she had some kind of blueberry stuff in it. I honestly miss the habit of having something in my hands and raising something to my lips more than I miss any nicotine!!
    Do they make ones without nicotine?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2012