This is getting really out of hand...

Schools all over MI are shutting down as of this past Monday or today or tomorrow bc of the following

1.. some smart ass kid decided to call in a threat and freak ppl out just so he/she could get a longer Christmas break... one of many copy cat threats that are going on all over..

2.. Bc ppl are so flippin freaked out bc of the "End Day" bs of the 21st.

3.. Or for both...

Oh f**king come on... if the threat isn't real keep schools open and just notify parents, in fact I think that the person who made the threat should have his/her name released to the other parents...
If they are real by all means shut down the schools, but if they are proven fake....!?

Some of these kids that are doing this are kids with little parental supervision at home, and I am sorry but that is just so true... Some parents are so flippin afraid to discipline their children that many of these children go wild... I have seen it here and IRL and other Internet forums, with parents whining bc their kids are not listening, don't care about (whatever) and always want something for nothing from their parents...

I know when we have kids (no matter the generation, past, current or future) we are not given a manual as to how to raise our kids and yes we ALL make mistakes as parents, but come on, get real.

YOU ARE THE PARENT.... BE THE PARENT....

And as for the "End Days" I laughed so hard I was crying that just is the most stupist thing I have ever, ever heard of as a reason to shut down the schools.... Thank goodness our superintendent has some common sense and is keeping our schools open... believe me if they were to shut down our schools bc of this "End Days"I would be all over the school board...

Ok done venting.... lol... it just boggles the mind what reasons ppl use to justify something...

Did any of your schools close in your area for any of the reasons that I posted? Just curious.

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 5:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• Nope
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Not ours. Apparently there was a threat on FB or twitter or something to one of the local high schools. Officials traced the post and arrested a teenager. No mention of credibility of the threat (ability to follow through), so I don't know how serious of a threat it actually was. My kids aren't in HS yet, but I got that via email yesterday. I think the HS that student went to was just experiencing a higher level of security.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• nope, but mine was home 20 mins earlier than usual today. there was no one on her school bus
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Our schools schedule was already set to have Winter break from Dec. 20--Jan 3
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Our break is schedule to start at the end of the day Friday the 21st - Jan 8th.
    Some other schools were schedule to start as of Wednesday, but most around here was starting
    as of the 21st....

gmasboy

Comment by gmasboy (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Nope, today was the last day of school before winter break in our area. We haven't had any threats or anything either.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• No there is still school tomorrow and have not heard anything about any threats in the schools in our County.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• well its already thew 21st where im at, all ok so far LOL
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• There have been more than 50 threats to Clark County schools now. I am keeping my kids out of school tomorrow. I had decided that after the first 17 threats. There are so many wackos out there. The whole world has gone crazy. We're going to build a gingerbread train and train station tomorrow, go out to lunch, and then go to the trampoline bounce center.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• What I know of so far:
    1 student arrested one town over for assaulting another student. When the alerts initially went out, some parents panicked, but it was a very typical dispute between 2 kids that got physical, not a spree anything.
    1 student suspended from a different school one town over in the other direction because of "overheard disturbing language"
    1 man arrested several counties over for mentioning in passing to his abused wife he was going after her at work (the local grade school), he never actually intended to do anything at school, he just had the misfortune of saying it this week instead of last week, multiple charges
    multiple students have been "disciplined" over threats that were circulating before last Friday, but the gossip mill went into overdrive, and by Monday, it ballooned into every school in the district (there was no actual initial threat, just big talking kids at one school)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2012