What to do about low self esteem?

maybe i have low self esteem because some certain people constantly put me down. how to boost it?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2012 in Relationships

• .

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• With all our flaws we have to learn to appreciate ourselves and do not allow negative people in our lives.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• learn to appreciate yourself.. and love yourself..

and cut out the people that bring you down
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Maybe start eliminating the people in your life that are putting you down, HOWEVER then you need to start working on yourself so you get to a point where you do not allow people to put you down, you need to love and honor yourself first before anyone else can.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• It's not that you have self esteem issues it's that your surrounded by asshats!

There's an e-card somewhere for this one. I love it :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Don't allow that behavior - when someone "disses" you - call them out on it. Get all up in their face. It works.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Find something you are good at, and do it. Give yourself that reinforcement that you are actually ok, and it doesnt matter it other people refuse to see it...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I am in individual therapy to learn how to stand up for myself and stop feeling worthless - its been about 4 months, she said it will be a long road but I LOVE her ( took many shrinks to find one I like too - dont get discouraged about that - its a relationship, it has to fit personality wise as well ) i have finally this past month stood up for myself.. and yelled back - fought back - feel 20% stronger - its a wonderful feeling,,
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• If you can't walk away from the people who put you down, you can learn to see that it's them who have the problem, not you. As you start believing the truth about yourself instead of their lies, they'll quit picking at you as much because they don't get any satisfaction from it, and that in turn will help you feel better about yourself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Self esteem comes from one's SELF. It is not dependent on other's opinions, only how you value yourself.

If you have toxic people around you, eliminate them Stop answering their calls, don't hang out, and if it's a co-worker, report them!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2012