I'm livid!!!

Okay so my uncle has twins and since the mother of the twins passed I have been helping A LOT. My sisters flying in for Christmas but my car is acting funny and I need to take it to the shop. I have no way to get her so I ask him and said I'll watch all three of his kids. It's a 45 minute drive to the airport. He says he's busy with my aunt (his ex) she calls and tells me she wants no part in his lie and she's not doing anything with him he just didn't want to do it. She asked me not to tell him that she told me. I'm so pissed I go out of my way with not only watching them for free, but when he needs formula or juice or dipsrs ect I go so he doesn't have to pack all three kids up. I live 10 minutes away so I don't mind but now I feel like not helping him anymore. I never ask him for anything ever. I'm so pissed. What would you do?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 7:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2012 in Relationships

• Go cold turkey on him. Stop helping. I wouldn't even tell him why. I would just inform him if he needs assistance from now on go to the PA office for it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• It sounds like he's gotten used to just being helped and not returning the favor. People tend to get in a mindset that others do for them, and they entitled to it. Im not sure how to approach it since the aunt asked you not to rat her out, but maybe you could ask him again, and phrase like, "have your plans changed any? and now you can help me out here?" GL with this one, changing a sense of entitlement isn't easy...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• It surely does sound very selfish of him, especially seeing you are helping him out, I can understand you would feel upset about this.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• he is taking advantage of you
    do not let him do this anymore
    he will notice, and then he MIGHT change

practice saying "no", so you can do it easily next time he asks for something

* good job Aunt- for telling you truth
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• If this is the first lie you caught him in I'd let it go.  Maybe there's something else going on.  If he is typically not appreciative of what you've done for him, then stop helping him.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• That's crappy that he pulled that. If it was me I'd have to let him know how irritated I am and how much I hate being lied to.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Oh and I said I'd give him money for gas.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Yeah he's a give me type of person and usally will do things but use that as an you owe him thing. I wouldn't be upset if he had plans but the lying because he doesn't want to is what bothers me. Heck even if he said he didn't want to I wouldn't be as mad. I'd remember it and not put myself in a position to always say yes but now I don't even want to say yes at all lol
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2012