How can I just forget about it? (another baby)

I want another baby and DH doesnt. We have 3 BEAUTIFUL,SMART kids together, but I want just 1 more. Hubby (age 46) has 6 total, had a vasectomy after our daughter 6 years ago and says he is DONE. I (age 32) know there are other ways...vasecomy reversal, sperm retrieval, etc....but he says NO. How can I just forget about it, or should I?

homemomto3

Asked by homemomto3 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• We have the reverse in our home. We have one son but my husband wants another baby. I do not want to go through that again. We talked about it one day and went over all the reasons why we felt the way we did. With 6 kids, I don't blame your husband for not wanting more. Have you talked about maybe doing foster care and taking in another child that way? I think that's a great compromise.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Both parents have to want the child. With 6 already no wonder your husband doesn't want anymore. To have a vasectomy means that he made the important decision at that time.

Answer by Bmat at 3:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• if he doesn;'t want no more then so be it. just love the ones that you have. just because you want another one doesn't mean you have to have another one.
    Anonymous

• try watching someone else baby to get your baby fix. If your hubby don't want another one don't start a fight over it.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 5:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Tricky, tricky! Either way if you don't come to a mutual decision then either partner could hold ALOT of resentment.. You because you might feel he kept you from having something you wanted and he might resent you for forcing him to have a child when he didn't really want to. IMO Vasectomys ( even though they can be reversed) are made upon the decision that "this is it!".. You might want to be thankful for the Children you have and try to re-connect with your Husband on a new or different level?! Either way, you two have alot of communication and a big decision headed your way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2009