I lost my mother and never got to say goodbye before she was cremated.

My mom passed away Monday. I live in Miami and my mom stayed in Chicago and she was in poor health after having both her legs amputated this past August because of her diabetes. The last time I say her alive was on December 9th, her 68th birthday. She was hooked to a feeding tube, she couldn't talk, all she could respond is by head movement. Then while I was at school in Miami, my brother called me and told me mom had died. I had to sell my Xbox360 and sold my jewelry so my daughter and I can fly out to Chicago to see my mom before she was cremated and when I got there to the crematory yesterday they said my mom was already cremated. I was crying, I wished I could have stayed in Chicago to say goodbye to her. My grandmother who is 88 is keeping half her ashes and she's letting me have the other half to take home, according to my mom's wishes because I was her favorite child. I moved to Miami 2 years ago because I landed a teaching job there and talked to my mom everyday. The memorial service is tomorrow at her church, still is sad that I couldn't make it in town on time before they cremated her. Yesterday, my brother, aunt and I cleaned out her closet and I got to have her blouse and a jacket from mom. I'm 31 and I lost my dad unexpected at 10 years old and now my mom and dad is reunited in heaven. RIP Mom.

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry. Find a special way to honor your mom, it can your own tribute to her and a way for you to say goodbye.  Your mom knew you loved her that is the most important thing.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Feeling great sorry. Many prayers for your mom and dad.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 4:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• i am so sorry for your loss and that you did not get to say goodbye.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I'm sorry for your loss. I am sure your mother knew you were with her in spirit. Her memory lives on in all of the lives she touched.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• May you find comfort, understanding and acceptance to overcome this loss.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I am sorry for you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• As JK Rowling once wrote, those who love us never really leave us.

And this from Helen Keller: "“What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, For all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” She may have been blind, but she saw more clearly than most of us.

Sorry about your mom.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• many prayers for u
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2012