Ok soo i know you girls will tell me the truth

so xmas is on tuesday and my inlaws and there kids and the grandchildern are getting over the flu.....when i asked the doc they said that adults wounld be ok but the kids are still contagious for more then a week and it has only been 5 days for the kids and they all think im a bitch bc i dont want to bring my 13 month old around them.......o and my grandfather has cancer and his immune system is not go and i dont want to bring it home to him.........so the question is im being a bitch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Kids' Health

• I don't think you're wrong. I can somewhat understand that they might feel hurt, but they should understand that this is not about just getting this flu - this is about the effect that getting the flu could have on a baby and a man whose immune system is compromised.

Stick to your guns and don't risk getting the baby and your grandfather ill when they don't need to be. You can always go celebrate Christmas with them after everyone is healthy again.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• If today is 5 days, wouldn't it be more than a week when Christmas gets here? I think you should do whatever you want, but at least maybe one of you could go and say hello on Christmas? Wash your hands, and don't get to close.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I wounld go but they refused to wash their hands when I ask they rolled her eyes
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• No! You are absolutely RIGHT! My MIL was getting over the flu the first Thansgiving after my Son was born. She had the common sense not to come & see her new Grandson that day & I appreciated that a lot.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• They can be mad, and they will get over it. It's your child and you make whatever decision you like. I usually just avoid the trying to make you feel guilty pointless phone calls.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Refused to wash their hands? Are the 5? Sounds like bigger issues than the flu to me!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• No way you're protecting! you're doing good momma!
    jeffsgirl9

Answer by jeffsgirl9 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• They feel that baby s need as muxh germs as possible bit I dont think my son getting the flu is a good thing they do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Are they one of those families that will give their kid a chickenpox infected lollipop just to avoid giving them a shot? I agree with the idea that kids need to be exposed to germs (helps build the immune system) that doesn't mean you should let them go play in a toxic dump just to see what superpowers they might get. And, 18 months is to young for that kind of exposure. Stand your ground mama. It's your baby and your families health you need to worry about. Not theirs.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2012