What NRA Bulls***!!! Will our schools really be safer with an officer at each school?

How about school parking lots, school buses? Is this the America you really want? I have never been so disgusted with America.!

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 11:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree. Ridiculous. Bullet proof backpacks are being produced as are nap time mats that the child can cover themselves with. Whose rights are being protected with easy access to guns. Not children, not the rest of us who do not want guns around.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Why don't you ask the schools that already have them because of the constant drug dealing and gang activity?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Honey, the truth is, the world is NOT ending, it just dies a little EVERY day. There's a whole lot going on out there that needs to change. This is not something new that just popped up outta no where. Take away the guns, we will still have killings. What we need is to re-examine the whole country. Parents need to think about how they raise their children and even if they are capable of raising children before they choose to have them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My high school had 2 police officers. If anything you'd think it would discourage people from trying things. I like this idea better than arming teachers.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 11:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• then it just gives a few more minutes for everyone to seek safety

I know it's probably not how you intended it, but that really sounds like people want guards there to be meat shields - someone to take the first bullet and drop dead to slow the shooter down. I thought the point was to be a deterrent, not a speed bump?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Our schools here have had armed police officersfor years now.. There never is any major trouble and the kids feel safer.

school bus

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I would say somewhat safer, but the truth is it is a matter of time before someone finds a new place to have a mass killing. America isn't disgusting, the crimials and pyschopaths who do the shooting are the ones who are disgusting. I am really proud of the support our country has shown to the victims and their families.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Parents need to think about how they raise their children and even if they are capable of raising children before they choose to have them.

Except you can't even get them to do that before they adopt a kitten...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I am for guns, and deterernts in school HOWEVER its not going to stop someone who is crazed or determined. We have security in malls, stores, banks etc. It doesnt stop them, even a complete lock down no one in or out that is not a teacher or student - no more family etc in building would stop it. they would just lay in wait and start shooting when school is out so...........................................I am going to be armed atleast I will have the chance to shoot the intruders first. But I no longet think arming teachers is the answer, after great debate with my husband we came to - do we really know our teachers are sane? We have teachers having sex with our kids etc, whose to say a teacher won't break and go nuts?

There is NO answer to make this stop, only deter.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2012

• When I managed apartments we gave a discount to one police officer per gtrouping of buildings. We found that just the knowledge that a police officer lived there was a deterrent. The residents knew and often the police car was there when he was off duty.

We had one domestic disturbance and no other crimes in the 9 years I worked for the two apartment complexes. Down the road was a different story.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2012