My City, but not the ones to the North or South...

Yeah, I did keep her home today.Here's why.

This is a question in 3 parts.

Following numerous troubling comments by students Thursday, Superintendent Mary Vagner says a “code blue” will be in effect throughout District 25 today.

She said the precaution will include a police presence in each school. A “code blue” lockdown means the doors in and out of the school are locked but teaching continues in the classroom.

Vagner said there will also be additional law enforcement at each of the high schools and middle schools and some officer presence at the elementary schools.

(What? The incident that sparked this was AT an Elementary School)

Lt. Paul Manning of the Police Department said the threat level is determined by the school district

( Wouldn't crimical specialist be better trained at assessment?) and the administrators there make the requests when its believed to be needed.

Calls to other districts in the area showed they were not experiencing similar incidents as in District 25, including both District 55 and District 21.

(How did they get so lucky?)

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 12:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Our district received over 50 threats that I know of. I kept my kids out today. It's just not worth the risk.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My kids had no choice whether the stayed home or not. My daughter's last day of school before Christmas break was Tuesday. My son's was Wednesday.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Our district didn't receive any threats as of yesterday, but many surrounding areas did.  All the surrounding counties in my area called off school today, my county did not.  I'm uneasy but I sent my kids to school which is on lock down.  My kids have already said many kids would not be attending today.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My daughter is on Spring Break anyway, but I would have sent her to school if it had been in session. Maybe I'm not taking all of this seriously enough, but I can't let fear rule my life or my choices.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• We were supposed to have school today, last day before Christmas break. But we had a snow day, instead!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My daughter attends a private school and they are always on lock down. All entrances are locked from 815 to 4 pm. It is one of the reasons I choose the school.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2012