Potty training and my 2 year old?

My in laws are really pushing potty training on my 2 and a half year old. Some days she does great and others she doesn't. This week she doesn't want to us the potty so I have a diaper on her.

They say I'm not being strict. I just don't think she's ready yet.

jeffsgirl9

Asked by jeffsgirl9 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Like I said before, your in-laws need to mind their own business, een if they're watching your baby. You're the mom. If you don't think your baby is ready for toilet training, then wait. People nagged me to no end because I waited till my daughter was three and a half, but once she was ready, she was trained in ten days with no accidents day or night. If I'd made it into a battle, we'd still be fighting it, I have no doubt.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• She's ready when YOU see she is ready. I think you should tell your inlaws to MYOB!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Potty training can be stressful, and forcing it only makes the process longer and harder. You will probably be fighting with your in-laws over everything, but you need to trust your intuition!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Don't do it because someone else tells you you should. It's only a hassle and a migraine.

My son was in a daycare facility while I was trying to go to college. He was in the 2 year old room, and in that room they start potty training ALL the kids, whether the parents ok it or not. We got him almost trained (with a LOT of stress for everyone), then his best friend (my dad) left. He went back to trucking. Regression #1. We waited. Got him almost totally trained at 3.5, and his little sister was born. Regression #2. We waited again, and finally, at almost 4.5, he potty trained. It is my belief that if we'd waited with him it would NOT have been the massive frustration it was.

With my daughter I waited until she was 3, and she potty trained in a week, night and day.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• pushing for the sake of the in-laws could have the reverse effect on her. Wait.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2012