Is 43 a young age to be a grandma if your kid is 22?

I was born to a 16 year old so of course my granny is young . What is the average age to become a granny ?

gitanomadre

Asked by gitanomadre at 3:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sure thats young. I was 35 and made a grandma.

Answer by gemgem at 3:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Thats how old my dad is, and I am 22 and my daughter is now 9 months. My dad was 21 when I was born (I was born 2 weeks after his birthday) so yes and no, I suppose my whole family is young, I have friends that have parents the same age as my grandparents...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The average age seems to be falling...my cousin was a grandma by the time she was 32.
    Anonymous

• My mom is 47 with 10 grandkids. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• just never thought of that title at that age lol granny grandma I still have a Pink cd in my player , Granny ! lol
    gitanomadre

Answer by gitanomadre at 3:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I was a grandmother at age 36 about to turn 37 then again at 42. And both of my children were over 18 when they had children. The funny thing is I have a son 6 weeks younger than my first grandchild and my twins are 9 months older than my second. I was still ahving children when my grown children started what is wrong with me??? LOL
    momof7bc

Answer by momof7bc at 3:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Well I have a 6 year old in a addition to the 22 year old so I am Mama and granny
    gitanomadre

Answer by gitanomadre at 4:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It just seems like its young, but its really not. Our babies are still suppose to be just that. I'm ready!!!!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Don't worry about it. Look at it this way you are still young enough to go outside and play with your grandkids. I had my son at 21. I always wanted to be a mom that could have the energy to do things with my children. And when it happens I will be still young enought to run around the yards with my grandkids.
    Nicole_momtobe

Answer by Nicole_momtobe at 4:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My mother was a grandma for the first time when she was 37 I was 19 and we were both preggo at the same time my brother is 4 months and 4 days older the my DD................
    Soriano

Answer by Soriano at 6:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009