The dollar tree

following the traumatic entrance this morning, i was actuallly very surprised at our shopping experience in the dollar store. especially when our total came out to $6 and we got a ton of stuff. 6 small gift bags, 4 small snowglobes, a barbie doll, a stuffed animal, dog treats, a calendar, bubbles and a votive holder. $6 freaking bucks! of course a lot of it is "cheap" junk but still, when buying for extended family members or your children's friends or even stocking stuffers it's great for the wallet.

do you like shopping there sometimes?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Shopping

• Yup I love browsing through there to see what I find. They have really cute decor sometimes. And the prices on the greeting cards and gift bags can't be beat. I find a lot of cool crafting things there for my kids to do, too. Cheap doesn't always mean junk, but I like my kids to buy the majority of the toys they have, because those just don't make it home.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I always find the neatest stuff there! I don't go often at all, but the last time I went I found these small magnetic boxes, meant for lockers, but that I put on my fridge. I keep coupons in one and box tops in the other. So cool! lol
    And I like dollar tree because unlike family dollar or dollar general... stuff really is $1
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I love it for stuff like that but in our Dollar Tree everything is a dollar nothing less than that! Did they have a sale by you, is that why?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I like shopping at the Dollar Tree a lot. I get small toys to send to my daughter's preschool for the treasure box that kids are allowed to pick from when they're really good. I also get a lot of T-shirts and shorts and pajamas for my daughter there, and I bought a bunch of stuff to send to the county foster parents' program for Christmas last year. My money went a lot further than I thought it would. Oh, and greeting cards, I never pay full price for them because I find them at Dollar Tree all the time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Yes. I got wrapping paper and stocking stuffers (puzzles, flashlights, feather boa, etc) there

Answer by missanc at 3:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• There's one right near the pediatrician's office, so after every doctor's visit the kids get a spin through the dollar store. It makes them forget all about vaccinations and booster shots, lol!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I buy tissue paper, gift bags, and sometimes wrapping paper there. Also mylar balloons. If you buy the mylar balloons at the party store, they're like four bucks!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• That's where I go whenever we need mylar balloons for something. $5 gets you 5 balloons on ribbon with a decorated weight. Plus the puzzle books and the chocolate bag of coal for the stocking every year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• We LOVE that store. We just spent a ton on wrapping paper and gift bags a few weeks ago.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• shoot- I am on a first name basis with The Dollar Tree employees. lmao!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2012