Announcing Pregnancy?

I will be 6 weeks on Monday. Is it too early to announce my pregnancy??...this is my second child...I plan on making the annoucement at our Christmas Eve Dinners with both sides of our families.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Pregnancy

• It's up to you and when you feel comfortable with it. I waited until I had seen a heartbeat on ultrasound to tell a few people, and until my second trimester to tell the rest of the world.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I agree, whenever you feel comfortable. Announcing at Christmas is fun too. I personally never announced until I was showing and someone asked. But I have 5 kids, announcing isn't something I look forward to.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• If you feel comfortable, announcing on Christmas might be special. I personally wouldn't tell anybody that soon, but I've had four miscarriages, three of them late in the first trimester. I guess it depends on how hard it would be to make it unofficial again if something happened. But then who knows, maybe it won't--heres hoping. Congratulations!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My mom miscarried 4 times, so when I became pregnant, she ALWAYS told me to wait until 3 months, because if the baby is lost (not that yours will be of course), you don't have to go back and answer all the "How is the pregnancy going?" questions.
    kjmun12

Answer by kjmun12 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I would tell just family if it was me but Christmas Eve is a GREAT time to do it. How special.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I've always told as soon as I knew. I know that a lot of couples wait until the 12 week "safe" point, but I always felt like I would want my family's support if something were to happen. It is a personal decision.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2012