Metro PCS users

Is it just me, or does NO ONE at Metro PCS know what the f they're talking about? I love their service, and I LOVE their prices, but the people they employ don't know ANYTHING! When I first bought my phone I went into the store and asked the guy which phones were able to be used as a hotspot. He showed me a display. I chose one, picked my plan, and added on the $10 extra dollars for the hotspot service. I get home and I can't figure out how to make it work. I call customer service.. the phone I bought is NOT compatible with the hotspot service. Isn't that what I specifically asked at the store? I was *very* clear about it, and paid the extra money for the service!

Whatever, that was two months ago and I cancelled the extra $10.

My husband decided to go with Metro PCS because they have the Galaxy 3s and their plan is by far the cheapest with data, contract or prepaid. We're trying to order the phone online last night, but we don't see anything that says we choose the plan. So I give a quick call to customer service and she tells me that once we have the phone, then we can either take it to the store to add it to my account or call CS back. I ask if I can activate it online. She tells me no, I have to either take it in or call. Well, we were still on the website and I noticed that they are having a $1,000 Visa gift card sweepstakes. How do you enter? By activating your phone ONLINE.

Is it just me, or does it seem like they need to get their sh*t together?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Technology

• Well, the activation - that could be legit. Adding a phone to an existing account is different than creating an entirely new account. So it's possible that you have to take it in to activate it on your existing account, while someone creating a new account might be able to activate online (and then enter that sweepstakes.).

The hotspot thing, though - that's just plain stupidity and/or lack of service. In fact, I kind think it could qualify as lazy, because it seems to me that they would probably have little cheat sheets they could refer to if they aren't sure what features a phone has.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

Valid point, so I just went and checked. Nope, there's a section for existing customers where you can add a line to your account and activate it. My mom says where she lives she has problems with their people. Not that they're rude or unwilling to help, they just DON'T KNOW their products or give false information.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Comment by Nicoles2LilRams (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Valid point, so I just went and checked. Nope, there's a section for existing customers where you can add a line to your account and activate it.

Then they're just morons. lol I've dealt with morons like that before. I called animal control the other day about some strays running around and was told "that's not our job." I asked what their job was and she said "collecting stray animals, lost pets, aggressive animals," and a whole long list. My pointed silence didn't tell her what she did wrong, my pointing out to her specifically what she did wrong didn't tell her what she did wrong. I gave up. lol Sometimes you just have to accept that the stupidity isn't going to go away, no matter how much you want it to.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I used to go through Metro and that was one of the reasons why I switched. It's not the only reason ,but no one ever seemed to know anything.
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2012