The fondue party went well. Also,an observation about the kids

The teacher had them use a skewer to dip the stuff then put it on their plate and reuse the skewer
No one got burned thank goodness

I was amused that all the "normal" kids were jumping around all jittery,and my son and the other 3 special needs kids sat quietly and behaved themselves

No one seemed happy with the gift exchange and many tried to trade with others. I'm not sure what they were expecting to receive when the amount limit was $5,lol

So....did your kids have holiday parties?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Just for Fun

• cool!

i took two kids shopping, it was hellonwheels
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Glad the party went well :)

DD stayed home today due to being sick so she missed the pajama party. She was able to attend the holiday party yesterday though and brought home goosebumps:monster blood from the book exchange which irritates me to no end. Who the hell sends a chapter book, a scary one to boot, to a kindergarten book exchange?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• It was yesterday because of some other special program that was going on today. No gift exchange, just games and assorted treats brought in - came home sugared up with a brown paper bag full of leftovers. He had a muffin, a cookie, a popcorn ball, graham crackers and hard candy - and that was what he didn't manage to eat during the party, that was more cookies.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My 7yo had his "holiday" party today they had pancakes and fun games.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I also meant to say what a cute idea for the kids to have a fondue part I am sure they loved "cooking" for themselves.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Wow ^^ me. Not sure what happened there...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My preschooler's class had a party with parents invited. They had 4 craft stations set up and broke the kids into groups and rotated from station to station. Really fun and we ended up with 3 neat keepsakes, a snack cookie they decorated and Santa visited at end. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Ds had to miss his party because of Strep throat. :0( I told him when his Spec. Ed. teacher comes by over the holidays to work on some home behavior stuff I would make cupcakes to share and he could give her his gift. He was so sad.
    Anonymous

• Do you think son and special needs kids behaved more civilly based on their outside training of how to behave in social situations?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Oh- and to answer the question. My kids are too old for class parties.
    feralxat