So sad

It is teriible what happened but looking online this is what I found-Very similar to CT and just as sad.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFJjVcFFr0 in Dunblane school massacre.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It is terrible, but it would be nice if you'd also mentioned it was in 1996 and led to tighter gun control laws in Scotland.

The way this is phrased is misleading. With as many moms who were worried about sending their kids to school, just saying something simple as this not having happened today would have been appropriate.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I remember the Scotland shooting.
    The gunman stood outside of the gates and opened fire. So much for the safety of a chain link fence...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I just love it when there is no link, it is outdated and in another country. Just trying to stir the pot much?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Yes. Horrible things happen all over the world.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Sorry I didn't notice that the link wasn't attached-you could go on you tube-that is where I found this sad story.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Check your details feralxat - he walked into the school and fired. If he'd have fired from the gates nobody would have been hit because nobody was in the line of fire.

http://www.h2g2.com/approved_entry/A11103580

OP, the only things that are in common are the school and the guns. This guy was a pedophile. I doubt the motivation was the same as in CT. Since this happened, Scottish schools have not become high security buildings and teachers are still unarmed. Paranoia has not run rife. There are no armed security guards on duty.

Also, gun control in the US and the UK are entirely different because in the UK there is not the conviction that you need guns to protect yourself. Even the police is unarmed. Apples and oranges ...

Anonymous

• This is a tragedy no matter where it happens.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• What on earth are you talking aboutAnonymous?The police are indeed ARMED in the U.K.-I lived there for a short time and I tell you that they are definitely armed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2012