Cold? flu? virus? What the heck is this and when will it leave me alone?

So Wed morning I woke up with a fever of 100 and a headache. Nothing else just felt like crap in general. Got sent home form work by 12 when I looked like Hell. Got home and my temp was 102.5. I slept from 1 pm until 7 pm- ate dinner - went back to bed- woke up at 630 to call in sick on Thursday. My fever broke FINALLY after lunch and then my symptoms set in. Stuffy nose, diarrhea and a little nausea. I was well enough to go back to work today. The d. only lasted like 12 hours but I am still tired and my stomach is a bit off. Oh and I can't breath without meds!

Bad cold? Flu? or some other evil virus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Health

• not the flu
    evil virus

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• I have never had a fever that high ever in all my life! I was miserable!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Maybe a combo. Cold flu. Last weekend I got a weird thing too. I had diarrhea once, I was nauseated for 2 days. By Monday I was fine. 

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• My dh had the stomach bug Wednesday night and now has the flu -- 101 temp, sneezing, coughing, all the fun stuff. I just hope the rest of us don't get it.
    Anonymous

• oh and I hope you feel better soon!
    Anonymous

• Doesn't sound like the flu. That'll knock you on your butt for a week or more. Probably another virus though
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• You probably had the norovirus then got the flu
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• There have been some nasty bugs going around lately. I have been having sinus problems for the past three weeks. It's just now starting to clear up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2012