So I spent $2 on a scratchoff.....

and I won. I won pretty big. But I get a little bit of FS because I don't make a whole lot of money. I work my butt off, but it is just miminum wage. So, now I don'dt now what to do. Will they take my fs away if I turn the ticket in? I did some checking, and for a tousand dollars, they need my ID and SS#. I don't mind paying the taxes on it, but I am not sure about what the FS people would do. It's not like I'm going to buy a bunch of stupid stuff, I need a good car, and this do a whole lot for that, so that I don't have to spend so much to get it fixed all the time. Does anyone know? Thank you so much for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Money & Work

• I'm not going to try to cheat anyone. I just wanted to have an idea of what would actually happen, so I could be preapared for it, not be at a loss, if that makes sense. I do better when I have an ideal of what to expect. If it would only affect my fs for a month, I could deal with that fairly well, I think, lol. But if it would affect me longterm, that would be different. I would seriously think about donating the ticket to some worthy place. I will call the county on Wed. I mean, the $100 I get each month is such a help, and I can't put that in jeopardy right now, even though I would love to not have to need that. I am getting things pretty well worked out to where I am not spending much more than that for food, so maybe this is a sign.... maybe I'm almost there to be able to not need them any more??? *crossing my fingers!*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Why not give it to someone you trust to turn it in for you? Answer by PartyGalAnne

Oh, I thought of that. But that somenhow seems like cheating to me. And I don't know who I could have do that for me...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• You can have a certain amount of resources. Usually the limit is $2000. Check with the policies for your state. But it really should not affect your FS. We had a certain amount of money in our bank account and still qualified. We reported the exact amount we had and it was more than $1000.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Why not have someone else claim them winnings for you... perhaps offer a share
    Mistanonymous

Answer by Mistanonymous at 6:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Congrats on your winnings. I only win at the most another ticket/$2.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2012