So I spent $2 on a scratchoff.....

and I won. I won pretty big. But I get a little bit of FS because I don't make a whole lot of money. I work my butt off, but it is just miminum wage. So, now I don'dt now what to do. Will they take my fs away if I turn the ticket in? I did some checking, and for a tousand dollars, they need my ID and SS#. I don't mind paying the taxes on it, but I am not sure about what the FS people would do. It's not like I'm going to buy a bunch of stupid stuff, I need a good car, and this do a whole lot for that, so that I don't have to spend so much to get it fixed all the time. Does anyone know? Thank you so much for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2012 in Money & Work

• Congrats on your winnings. I only win at the most another ticket/$2.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Why not have someone else claim them winnings for you... perhaps offer a share
    Mistanonymous

Answer by Mistanonymous at 6:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• You can have a certain amount of resources. Usually the limit is $2000. Check with the policies for your state. But it really should not affect your FS. We had a certain amount of money in our bank account and still qualified. We reported the exact amount we had and it was more than $1000.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Why not give it to someone you trust to turn it in for you? Answer by PartyGalAnne

Oh, I thought of that. But that somenhow seems like cheating to me. And I don't know who I could have do that for me...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• I'm not going to try to cheat anyone. I just wanted to have an idea of what would actually happen, so I could be preapared for it, not be at a loss, if that makes sense. I do better when I have an ideal of what to expect. If it would only affect my fs for a month, I could deal with that fairly well, I think, lol. But if it would affect me longterm, that would be different. I would seriously think about donating the ticket to some worthy place. I will call the county on Wed. I mean, the $100 I get each month is such a help, and I can't put that in jeopardy right now, even though I would love to not have to need that. I am getting things pretty well worked out to where I am not spending much more than that for food, so maybe this is a sign.... maybe I'm almost there to be able to not need them any more??? *crossing my fingers!*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• She won $1,000.00 PMS
    If it affects your FS it will only be for the one month or so, but if they find you have cheated (not reported the winnings) you can lose the possibility of being eligible for FS for a period of time (I think 5 years but I am not sure) do not take a chance.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• I agree with PartyGal!

Tell us how much you won, I'm very curious, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Why not give it to someone you trust to turn it in for you?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Congrats on you winnings.
    ladybugmamax2

Answer by ladybugmamax2 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• hope you did not get this ticket from a person that likes to give fake tickets as a "joke"
    was woman on here other week, that gave one of these fake winners to her SIL Answer by fiatpax

No, ma'am!! I paid the clerk $2, and the game is on the lottery website. I get one from time to time. Usually I don't get anything, but I won $20 once. And now this!! I still haven't told ANYONE!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2012