How do you take pictures of jewelry?

I make bracelets and necklaces that I would like to post on Etsy.com but I cannot seem to take a good picture without getting a bad glare from the crystals. I have tried taking pictures without a flash, with an over-head light...I just don't know what else to do. I can't afford to go out and buy a new camera, or buy the little crystal box that is recommended for pictureing crystals. Has anyone else been able to take a good picture??

lysa7lou0507

Asked by lysa7lou0507 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am a graphic designer and I take pictures of jewelry a lot. We have a special lens we must use and special camera settings. I have never been able to take a picture with a regular digital camera. We also use a special blackground. It helps with glare and things like that. You might try something like that. Also, try taking it outside in the natural sunlight.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009