Do you think that woman needed new glasses,or what? LOL

I was waiting at the bus stop with my son,and a lady came walking up and proceeded to talk my ear off,
Apparently a few weeks back,she had subbed at my son's school and recognized him.
she asked his name and then said "and you are....?"
I told her I was his mom and she said "oh,I thought you were his older sister or something"
Color me surprised because even though I don't look 40,I CERTAINLY do not look like I'm in my teens,lol (my son is 11)
I mulled it over and thought that if you were to compliment someone,saying they look half their age is a strange one for sure

I remember when we went out to eat on my 32nd birthday, a lady said I looked familiar and asked if I went to school with her daughter. I was confused because the woman looked 40 tops. I was thinking she had meant 15 years before,but she meant went to school with her NOW. Eh??

Are some people just not able to determine how old someone is?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Until my 40s I was often mistaken for being way younger than I am. It's a compliment.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I cannot tell how old a person is from looking at them and now cannot tell their age by how they act and when a person says their old, I never say oh you do not look like you are 40-50-65- or whatever age, cause I do not know what a person should look like at certain ages.

Some people carry themselves well others let themselves go.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• There is a lady who comes into the store I work in every day. I found out the other day that she is over 70!!! She looks about 45 or so! No wrinkles to speak of, no gray hair, no achy walking... I mean, she really does not look her age! Some people age well, and it sounds like you will have the same luck!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2012